Web Changes on Pendle.Net
This is where we'll announce the most recent additions to our web site. If you've
visited us before and want to know what's changed, take a look here first.
See previous years: 1998
31 December 2000
Happy New Year from all of us at Pendle.Net!
Some changes to business URLs.
18 November 2000
Gordon Prentice, MP visits Barrowford Primary School - read
about it here.
Link to, and email address for, Forest
Inn's new web site.
15 November 2000
Section for NGO and political activist groups in
Pendle Action for the Countryside
Email address for Crown
Updated links on news
media in Pendle page.
12 November 2000
Review of the Cross
Gaits Inn restaurant.
11 November 2000
Added the Crown
Hotel to Pubs in Colne.
10 November 2000
Three new business sites
online - Farnworth Watson, Heritage
Garden Sheds, and M&C Pine Centre.
Overhaul (long overdue) of images in business pages -
now reduced in size, and hence download time.
Shops added to millshop page.
07 November 2000
Pakistan News links now have their own page - more
links to news sites from Pakistan
added, also new Urdu,
Magazine and Kashmir
05 November 2000
Section on Soccer
Clubs in Pendle added.
Link to Barnoldswick Barons FC and Ghyll Golf Club
added to Sport, clubs
04 November 2000
Apologies to all trying access our domains over the
past 36 hours - there was a major incident upstream from our ISP (for
the technically minded: an OC48 was damaged at Ameritech) that
severed the connection to thousands of domains, including Pendle.Net.
This also affected incoming mail which should only have been delayed
and not lost.
New web site on Embsay
and Bolton Abbey Steam Railway is online.
New Barnoldswick Cricket Club site listed on Sport
and on Barnoldswick Links.
New Barry Lynch's Personal Site listed on Personal
Links and Barnoldswick
29 October 2000
Info on events at The
Bull - Nelson.
25 October 2000
The mystery of the "Quaker
House" in Barnoldswick is explained!
24 October 2000
Picture of Zebras
Nightclub on Colne Pubs & Clubs page.
Links to two new pub websites in Colne - Morris
Dancers and Tower Bar
(still under construction) added.
21 October 2000
Picture of the waterfall at Roughlee in Pendle
Picture of Roughlee Primary School added to Pictures
Added picture of "The Derby" to Pubs
online in Pendle.
New "Witches Galore" website listed on the Pendle
Witches page and in our business
New Personal Site.
New Club online.
New link to site on Quaker
and Pendle Hill
More info about Pendle
20 October 2000
Contact details of elected councilors
New business online
19 October 2000
Picture of Pub in Nelson (Great
New pictures of the Quaker
graveyard above Trawden.
New picture in Winewall
New picture of Roughlee.
New picture in Salterforth.
New picture of Pendle
18 October 2000
More pictures of pubs in Pendle:
Added picture of Jade
Palace to Sarah Steven's review.
This Week! - Don't forget to see the unforgettable
Macbeth by the Borderline Theatre Company!
16 October 2000
New page of Pendle in
Pictures - selection of the best views/scenes from Pendle.
New pictures of the old Inghamite Chapel in Winewall
A couple of pictures of the Quaker House in Barnoldswick
New link to Pendle
Voice - "talking newspaper" for the visually impaired in
15 October 2000
New pictures of Pubs in Barley,
Nelson & Roughlee.
Phone number added for Coffee
Picture of K. Melling Studio in Pictures
of Wheatley Lane.
13 October 2000
New pictures of Pubs in Brierfield,
Nelson, and Wheatley
Updated What's On This
Year and This Month.
12 October 2000
- Pictures of Pubs in Fence and Wheatley
- New pictures of Wheatley Lane
- Some text about the pubs
in Laneshawbridge - a start on the Pubs/Clubs feature.
08 October 2000
- Removed the stand.org.uk banner from the bottom of the main page - their
site hasn't been updated for months. It's still on the Politics
07 October 2000
- Pendle Heritage
Centre now has a site!
- Contact details,
including a new website, for Lomeshaye Marsh added.
- Updates to most pubs & clubs pages.
- Another new personal page.
- Proving that the people of Barnoldswick are the most wired in Pendle
- more sites in Barlick!
04 October 2000
- More pictures of pubs in Colne
- Pubs & Clubs in
- Pubs & Clubs in Trawden.
- Pubs & Clubs in Winewall
(all one of them!)
- Added picture The Rising
Sun in Blacko.
- Correction to bad link for Drury Tea & Coffee Company on review
of Coffee Culture.
- New personal page in Barnoldswick.
03 October 2000
- More pictures of pubs in Colne
added - text should follow in a week or so.
- What's on in November
and December filled
02 October 2000
- Added site in Barley (already in Accommodation).
- New Healthcare site.
- New Business in Pendle.
- New Club in Barnoldswick.
- Two new Personal sites.
- Enhanced point & click on North West map.
- Updated What's On pages.
- Lots of small structural changes to top bar navigation.
30 September 2000
- Added a Site Map to help with navigation
and search engine listing.
- New site in Barnoldswick.
29 September 2000
- Review of Coffee
Culture in Barrowford.
- Key to interpreting restaurant review
- New personal page from Nomar Racing,
a horse syndicate in Barnoldswick. (Also listed on Clubs
& Societies page)
- Note to say that Sanderson's Dance
is offline at the moment.
28 September 2000
- New Business in Pendle.
- New Personal page.
- New link in Barley.
25 September 2000
- Picture of the Year 2000 mural in Colne.
- New picture of the plaque on Colne
Parish Church page.
- Picture of Earby Lead Mining Museum on the Earby
Page and more on Earby in Pictures.
- Started section on Pubs & Clubs
- Started section on Pubs & Clubs
- New Foulridge in Pictures
24 September 2000
- Overhaul of regional information internal data topology to
accommodate future expansion more easily. Many pages now have
new addresses, but the old ones will advise and automatically redirect
- New Barrowford in Pictures and Wycoller
in Pictures - start of a series for each area of Pendle.
- New pictures of pubs/clubs
- New business (KaleidoWeb) in
- New club site: PendleWriters.
- Updated MillShops page.
23 September 2000
- Pictures added to Leisure
Services in Pendle.
- New business (Khans) in Pendle.
- New personal site: StitchInTime.
19 September 2000
- Leisure Services in
- Picture added to Camelot page.
- New website address for Colne
15 September 2000
- Petrol! - where
to find it in Pendle during the crisis.
- New site for accommodation
14 September 2000
- New picture of Laneshawbridge.
- New, updated website for Zebras
Nightclub in Colne.
13 September 2000
- Some details of pubs &
clubs in Barrowford - more to be added over time.
- Two new businesses online in Pendle - Kelbrooks
07 September 2000
- Started to add some more info on Pendle
- New business online in Pendle.
06 September 2000
- Gordon Prentice, MP
now has a web site (it's a start so be patient with him!) - linked
from our politics in Pendle page.
28 August 2000
- New Healthcare sites in Pendle.
25 August 2000
- Pictures from Barrowford Show 2000
(on 20th Aug)
24 August 2000
- Varaly has a new page
on the latest goings on at the Swinden Allotments - check it out
before it happens to you!
13 August 2000
- New Business online.
- New personal page on Barrowford.
06 August 2000
- Colne Cricket Club now online.
- David C. Lyons - Local artist now
online. Some fantastic pictures of the area!
18 July 2000
- You can now buy books, videos, DVDs, software
and computer games from our shop (in
association with Amazon UK)
- We're trying to get some discussion about Pendle started over
at Egroups - please
come along and join in - its FREE!
- New company and dance
26 June 2000
- James Sanderson's personal site
- Go and see Chicken Run this
- Check out how Pendle Expats
can phone home for FREE!
23 June 2000
- Internet News Today: "Chickens
go in, pies come owt" - a mini-review of the new film Chicken
Run, and how to send money
22 June 2000
- Latest updates for Pendle Young People's Theatre
- they're last production: Female
- More, after a long pause, from the Net
- a New York flavor this
time! Also: see how they're a kickin'
and screamin', join the selfish
revolution and free phone
calls to the UK!
09 June 2000
- Pendle ExPats Online! If you're
from Pendle but now live elsewhere, this is for you.
05 June 2000
- Where do we begin! - the longest break in Pendle.Net's
history. Many technical and resource problems, now fixed.
We're still catching up on the backlog!
- Read Sarah Stephens' new restaurant review of Jade
- New local band listed in Entertainment.
- New businesses online in Pendle.
- Coming soon - a page for Pendle ex-pats!
01 April 2000
- New Genealogy service available to
help trace ancestors in Pendle.
- Health & Social Services Report
on their trip to Kashmir last year.
- Start of a new page on Creil - Pendle's French
- New Colne Church Bellringers site.
- New Pub site in Colne (North Valley).
- Slight redesign of front page. Mission
Statement now on the About Pendle page.
12 March 2000
- Promising new school website in Pendle - Gibfield.
- New Personal Pages of people in
05 March 2000
- How Pendle Hill got it's
name - response to an email enquiry.
- More online businesses.
- Lot's of things happening this month
- Several new sites have joined the Pendle
Online Webring in the last couple of weeks.
26 February 2000
- Our web server stats show we have been getting 596 unique
visitors a day this year! The Pendle.Net home page gets the
largest number of hits. Walton Lane
Nursery and our page on UK
Retailers Online also get large numbers.
- New businesses online.
Several Pendle businesses have also been marked as offline.
- Changes to Spen Brook page.
- More sites added to the Pendle Online
- Several minor alterations and corrections around the site.
14 February 2000
Borderline Theatre Company production of
- Pendle Young People's Theatre - news update.
13 February 2000
- More info on the Colne page.
- Updated Useful Information page.
- Several more links to sites in Pendle.
07 February 2000
- Reports from the visit to Kashmir in February
- New Accommodation Web
28 January 2000
- New, improved search engine for Pendle.Net.
- New Pendle Epinions Community - join
in and have your say.
- New Churches in Pendle page.
23 January 2000
- We started updating the Wallace Hartley
page(s) today. Now includes a family
tree, for all the genealogists!
- There's a new nightclub online in
- Several new businesses online -
we're in the process of reorganizing the business directory as it has
become too unwieldy to use.
07 January 2000
- More school reports and 1999 results
- Many small additions and alterations that have stacked up since